Hello, this is Dom…
For the upcoming Limited Edition release of The Babadook on 21st June, here’s what Second Sight Films had to say:
Internationally renowned horror The Babadook saw The Nightingale’s Jennifer Kent make a huge impact with her feature film debut. Now Second Sight Film brings this acclaimed chiller back to life with a brand-new Limited-Edition dual format release featuring the world premiere on 4K UHD plus Blu-ray which will ensure you won’t want to get rid of The Babadook.
This standout film sees Essie Davis, star of Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, as a grief-stricken mother who is desperately trying to bring up her troubled son the best she can, will a new book be the answer to his sleep woes, or is it the beginning of an unimaginable nightmare?
Following the violent death of her husband on the day their son Samuel (Noah Wiseman) was born, Amelia struggles with his erratic behaviour, and is still battling with the never-ending grief. Refusing to celebrate Samuel’s birthday as it’s inextricably linked to such a traumatic time, life is a struggle and the one person who’s always been there for her, her sister Hayley McElhinne’s patience iswearing thin.
As Samuel’s seventh birthday approaches his fears get worse, he’s convinced a monster is coming to get them, and he won’t settle, no matter how many bedtime stories he’s told. When an intriguing storybook appears on the bookshelf, Samuel becomes convinced that the Babadook is the monstrous creature he’s always feared and as Amelia senses the ominous presence herself, she slowly begins to unravel.
The stunning Limited Edition is released on 21 June 2021 and is presented in a stunning rigid slipcase with new artwork by Peter Diamond. Full of outstanding special features it includes brand-new and archive interviews, audio commentaries, a short film and a 150-page hardback book with brand new essays and collectors’ art cards, please find full details below.
- 4K / Blu-ray dual format release
- 4K mastered by the original post production facility and presented in HDR10
- Audio Commentary by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
- This Is My House!: An interview with Essie Davis
- The Sister: interview with Hayley McElhinney
- Don’t Let It In: An interview with Kristina Ceyton
- Conjuring Nightmares: An interview with Kristian Moliere
- Shaping Darkness: an interview with Simon Njoo
- If It’s in a Name or in a Look: interview with Alex Holmes
- The Bookmaker: an interview with Alexander Juhasz
- Ba-Ba-Ba…Dook!: An interview with Jed Kurzel
- Monster: short film
- They Call Him Mister Babadook: The Making Of
- There’s No Place Like Home: Creating the House
- Special Effects: Stabbing Scene
- The Stunts
- Illustrating Evil: Creating the Book
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Peter Diamond
- 150-page hardback book with new essays by Daniel Bird, Anna Bogutskaya, Kat Ellinger, Rich Johnson, Jon Towlson and Laura Venning, archive interview with Jennifer Kent, production stills and original artwork concepts.
- 6 collectors’ art cards
Title: THE BABADOOK: LIMITED EDITION 4K UHD / BLU-RAY
Cat.No.: 2NDBR4133 Release Date: 21 June 2021
Cert: 15 Region: 4K UHD region Free / Blu-ray region B
Run time: 94 mins Pre-order here: bit.ly/BabadookLtd
Many thanks to Aim Publicity and Second Sight Films for providing the above images.
This article’s featured image: By Source, Second Sight Films, Fair Use